top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

How can I get Gram panchayat bank statements for last 5 years

0 votes

I would like to get bank account statements of all Gram panchayat accounts for last 5 or 10 years to review, Does RTI rules allow to disclose government organizations bank account disclousers?

posted Sep 4, 2019 by Ganapathi Ekambaram

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file an RTI to get bank account statements of all Gram panchayat accounts for last 5 or 10 years. Gram Panchayat which is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act.

In the decision of the Central Information Commission in the case titled PS Sahoo vs CPIO, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Pradhan Gram Panchayat bearing no. CIC/SM/A/2012/001632, it has been held that details of funds and schemes under the Gram Panchayat has to be disclosed the public at large under the RTI Act.

For further assistance to file RTI application to any PIO please refer Online RTI-File RTI Online to Any Govt. Office in 3 Steps(All 29 States) https://onlinerti.com/

answer Sep 5, 2019 by Isha Sinha
Similar Questions
0 votes

I have worked as Assistant Professor in one Engineering college. Under pune univeristy. I have asked to SPPU to provide me an appintment order which college used to submit to SPPU after teachers approval. SPPU pune has replied that my approval has happened in 2015 and they preserves the documents only for 3 years. Now they dont have it and they cant provide it. Can they reply in this way? Really there is limitation of no of years for preserving the docuemnts?