top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

How can I apply to check for ownership for ancestor's property (brothers seperated years ago) which my father has now?

0 votes
posted Jul 17, 2020 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can apply RTI application for ownership for ancestor's property.
You can file the RTI application to concerned Revenue office under whose jurisdiction the property comes. The Revenue Department is a Public Authority u/s 2(h) of RTI Act, 2005. Hence, application can be made u/s 2(f), 2(j) and 6 with the payment of requisite fees as per RTI Act, 2005.

In the decision of Central Information Commission in the case titled Surender Pal Singh vs SDM (Kanjhawala), GNCTD bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2014/000462, it has been laid down that transparency of land records is the mandate as per the RTI Act and it is the duty of land authorities to provide information about land records to citizens.
To file RTI for the same please visit:

answer Jul 20, 2020 by Monika