top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file RTI to get a copy of the detailed statement of my account for Home Loan sanctioned by Bank of Baroda?

0 votes
posted Apr 19, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI application to get a copy of the detailed statement for your Home Loan sanctioned by Bank of Baroda. It is owned by Government of India. The bank, along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking (PSU). It comes under department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance. It headquarter is located at Baroda Bhavan, R.C. Dutt Road, Kallakurichi Alkapuri, Mumbai.
Hence, it is a public authority under section 2 (h) and is liable to provide information under section 6(2) and 2 (f) of the RTI Act, 2005. The application can be made to the designated PIO of the branch from where the loan has been issued with the payment of requisite fees. Or the application can be made online portal

For further assistance in filing application to central departments please refer

answer May 8, 2019 by Monika