top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file RTI to know Land Record

0 votes

I want to buy a land in Panskura, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal. I search land record form BLRO, that the land is in the name of owners grandfather. But recently I came to know that this land is previously acquired by Purba Medinipur Zilla Parishad though current record form BLRO is not showing that land is of Zilla Parishad. In this situation can I file RTI to know the exact owner of that land? If so in which department should I file RTI (Zilla Parishad or BLRO). If the respective department answers me is it acceptable in the Court as an evidence of land?

posted May 30, 2019 by Padikar Farhan

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI to get Land Records of a land in Panskura, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal.
You can request information under section 6(1) of RTI Act 2005, from Land & Land Reforms and Refuge Rehabilitation Department as they keep all the land records of West Bengal.
The Department of Land and Land Reforms is one of the major revenue Government departments in the State. Hence it is a public authority under section 2(h) of the RTI Act 2005.
For further assistance to file RTI application to any PIO please refer

answer Aug 28, 2019 by Isha Sinha
Similar Questions
0 votes

I am from West Bengal, my father has a land with house of 4.75 katha. Now my father is no more. My brother without may consent sifted total land to his name. The Block Land and Land Reform Officer of West Bengal not willing to the records related to transfer of my father land to my elder brother. How can I get all document related to all document related to transfer of land and the supporting document based on with land has been transferred