top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file RTI to CDA(O) Pune on TA/ DA claims and the copies of govt policies used to deduct amount by auditors ?

0 votes

I have filed TA/DA claim to CDA (O) Pune in which the Road Mileage Allowance (RMA) applicable @ Rs 24/- per km authorised by GOI (MoD) letter No 12630/Mov C/242/D (Mov)/2017 dated 15 Sep 2017, Annexure, page 4, para 2 (D) (ii) while using own car for official duties have been approved @ Rs 7.50/- per km only by CDA (O) Pune auditors. As per GOI letter, this rate is for all places where no specific rates have been prescribed either by the Dte of Transport of the Concerned state (MP, in my case) or of neighbouring states. MP State Transport Deptt has not laid down any rates till date. On being queried by me, the CDA says that separate notification of revised rates by Army Auth (Station Headquarters of each military stations) is required and as the same is not available .....old prevailing rates have been admitted. Please note that the GOI letter of Sep 2017 supercedes all previous RMA rates being an agenda of Central Pay Commission which has been constituted for Revision of Pay and Allowances of Central Govt employees. So can CDA (O) Pune under CGDA New Delhi 'not follow' GOI instructions and ask for separate notifications by local army authorities (Station Headquarters) which are subordinate formations? With the dissemination of GOI letter of Sep 2017, aren't the 'prevailing rates' mentioned by CDA (O) Pune superceded too ?? Can I ask for a copy of the letter citing RMA as Rs 7.50/- per km (mentioned as prevailing rates and admitted in claim) from CDA (O) Pune ??
Sincere Thanks and Regards

posted Jul 1, 2019 by Msman Kartik

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI to CDA(O) Pune on TA/ DA claims and the copies of govt policies used to deduct amount by auditors. CDA(O) Pune is a public Authority u/s 2 (h) of the RTI Act, 2005. The office deals with the pre audit, of all claims of Pay and Allowances, TA/DA,LTC, Rent bills, adjustment of Draft Gazette Notifications notifying the commission, substantive promotions, ante-date for pay and promotions, forfeiture of service, retirement, provision of funds to the field cashiers in the field areas where direct banking facilities are not available, recoveries on account of DSOPF, AGIF and rent of accommodation provided to them besides ensuring that the disbursements to the officers reach their bankers well in time/on due dates, regulation of Income Tax deducted at source from the officers and calling for the proofs of savings from the officers in time to avoid excess recovery of income tax, keeping the officers informed about their entitlements and regular monthly disbursements. Hence, you can file RTI application u/s 2 (f), 2 (j) and section 6 of the RTI Act, 2005.

To file RTI application to CDA(O) Pune please visit

answer Sep 6, 2019 by Monika