top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I apply RTI to get Intimation of transfer by Transferee (TCA) from RTO Pune ?

0 votes
posted Apr 11, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI for Intimation of Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle by Transferee from the concerned RTO.

The Motor Vehicles Department, Maharashtra was been created to implement the rules made under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, tax laws, and passage tax laws etc. by the Government of Maharashtra. Hence, the Department is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act 2005 and falls under its ambit.

You can file the RTI Application for a Certified Copy of the Transferee "TCA Form" under Section 2 (j) by addressing the same to the concerned "Regional Transport Officer" and by paying the prescribed fee.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI Applications to Departments in Maharashtra, please refer

answer Apr 12, 2019 by Gloria Deka