top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

liability of implementation of the order of SIC

0 votes

The SIC has ordered the PIO & AA to furnish the required information as part of my second appeal. who should give me the information the PIO or AA ?? .

If the PIO post is vacant in the organization, who has to comply the order of the SIC ?

If information is not provided in spite of the SIC order, what should I do??

posted May 2, 2019 by Ramesh Chandra Paidi

1 Answer

0 votes

As per Section 19 (3) when any order is passed by State Information Commission (SIC) for the PIO and First Appellate Authority (FAA) is liable/ obliged to provide the information. Which ever authority holds the requested information should provide the same within stipulated time as per the RTI Act 2005. If the post of PIO is vacant there will be some officer in charge or Assistant Public Information Officer (APIO) must receive reply/information from concerned Department and provide it to Applicant.
If the information is not provided even after the order passed by the SIC, the applicant can file File application to SIC for contempt or file a suit in the respective High Court of the state concerned.

For further assistance to file RTI application please visit

answer May 7, 2019 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

I and my wife are senior citizens, both pensioners. My wife was allotted a plot by the Jalandhar Improvement Trust ( A department of the Local Bodies of the Punjab government) in the year 2011 under a scheme called 94.97 acres Surya Enclave Extension Scheme. Full payment to nthe Trust people made. But they have not handed over the possession of the allotted plot. We intend to file a suit in the State Consumer redressal forum. Our lawyer wants us to file an application under RTI. Hence this inquiry.

0 votes

how to know the PIO information of a police station in Bangalore, I need to get few documents from a traffic police station in bangalore.
I am getting an answer that each police station has a PIO , Is that correct or do we need to raise the RTI to commissioner office. Please guide me.

0 votes


Our grand father and his elder brother jointly owned a land in 1956, both were expired. In this situation, the successors of the joint owner had made a settlement deed and mortgaged the property without our consent and knowledge in 2019. The Settlement deed was duly registered and mortgaged.

Can I File RTI for this against the Registrar, VAO, Surveyor etc., who were engaged in this unlawful activity?

With Regards,

Sangeeth Kumar.P

0 votes

The company rejected my incentives on several grounds and I am sure i am eligible for that. But I want to get these statement from them to prove it. When I asked for it under RTI they rejected it as it come under section 8 (1) (d) and (j).

0 votes

I have done my schooling at government high school at pudur/mambalam/ashok nagar in the year of 1966 to 1972 can i get the TRANSFER CERTIFICATE COPIE FROM THE SCHOOL