top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

liability of implementation of the order of SIC

0 votes

The SIC has ordered the PIO & AA to furnish the required information as part of my second appeal. who should give me the information the PIO or AA ?? .

If the PIO post is vacant in the organization, who has to comply the order of the SIC ?

If information is not provided in spite of the SIC order, what should I do??

posted May 2, 2019 by Ramesh Chandra Paidi

1 Answer

0 votes

As per Section 19 (3) when any order is passed by State Information Commission (SIC) for the PIO and First Appellate Authority (FAA) is liable/ obliged to provide the information. Which ever authority holds the requested information should provide the same within stipulated time as per the RTI Act 2005. If the post of PIO is vacant there will be some officer in charge or Assistant Public Information Officer (APIO) must receive reply/information from concerned Department and provide it to Applicant.
If the information is not provided even after the order passed by the SIC, the applicant can file File application to SIC for contempt or file a suit in the respective High Court of the state concerned.

For further assistance to file RTI application please visit https://onlinerti.com/

answer May 7, 2019 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

As per SIC FINAL order information will be provided even absence of permanent record by affidevit but I am not getting since one month.As SIC closed the status,how can we get & what is process after SIC order?

0 votes

How many RTI application send to CIC in one year to one authority? Count of RTI application if we applied to different authorities ?

0 votes

I filed an RTI but there was no response from PIO. Then I filed my first appeal, the Appellant officer issued an order to provide the information sought by me. But no information was provided. Then I filed a second appeal. In the second appeal order again it was directed to provide me the information sought by me or give an affidavit that the information was not available with the PIO. Then I was given improper and misleading information not relevant to my RTI application. What next can I do?