top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

If I ask for Any document related to my employment can authority reply that we preserve docs of only 3 years?

0 votes

I have worked as Assistant Professor in one Engineering college. Under pune univeristy. I have asked to SPPU to provide me an appintment order which college used to submit to SPPU after teachers approval. SPPU pune has replied that my approval has happened in 2015 and they preserves the documents only for 3 years. Now they dont have it and they cant provide it. Can they reply in this way? Really there is limitation of no of years for preserving the docuemnts?

posted Nov 14, 2022 by Ashish Prakash Borhade

1 Answer

0 votes

Under the RTI Act, 2005, a PIO is obliged to provide access to information to a citizen unless as stipulated by Section 7(1), furnishing of such information is covered by one of the exemptions provided under Section 8 or Section 9 of the RTI Act. The meaning of information under Section 2(f) of RTI Act clearly states that it includes any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e‑mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form.

Section 8(3) of the RTI Act states,

“Subject to the provisions of clauses (a), (c) and (i) of sub-section (1), any information relating to any occurrence, event or matter which has taken place, occurred or happened twenty years before the date on which any request is made under Section 6 shall be provided to any person making a request under that section.

So, you can ask information regarding your appointment details under RTI from the University.

answer Apr 9, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
+1 vote

I am from West Bengal, my father has a land with house of 4.75 katha. Now my father is no more. My brother without may consent sifted total land to his name. The Block Land and Land Reform Officer of West Bengal not willing to the records related to transfer of my father land to my elder brother. How can I get all document related to all document related to transfer of land and the supporting document based on with land has been transferred

0 votes

I want to ask which authority in RTI online portal i can select to verify current ownership of a land in varanasi as I am doubting that it has been sold by my family members without my consent to someone else .

+1 vote

Can i ask question on specific RTO in chennai?

Why roads are not having street lights for past 2 years?

why signals are not functioning for past 2 years?

how long it will take them to fix pitfalls, signals and street lights?

why they haven't fixed till now?

Are they monitoring roads atleast once in a week? if yes why they haven't found the issue? have they blindfolded?