top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

RTO (Regional Transport Office) Comes Under Which Department (in Maharashtra)?

0 votes

I want a file an ONLINE RTI in the RTO for asking them the reason for the delay in the approval of my Learning Licence.

But in the RTI website of Maharashtra, the RTO is NOT mentioned in the list of departments!!

Under which department should I file the RTI then?

posted May 18, 2022 by Manas Kulkarni

1 Answer

0 votes

The Regional Transport Office or District Transport Office or Regional Transport Authority is the organisation of the Indian government responsible for maintaining a database of drivers and a database of vehicles for various states of India.

RTO comes under the Transport department of the state. You can file RTI to the Motor Vehicles Department (RTO) , Maharashtra. In case the online facility is not available, you can file RTI by post to the RTO.

You can also file RTI through us at https://onlinerti.com/.

answer Jun 6, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

I am unable to find that UP police administration comes under which ministry. I am unable to find. I have its urgent requirement.

+1 vote

Can i ask question on specific RTO in chennai?

Why roads are not having street lights for past 2 years?

why signals are not functioning for past 2 years?

how long it will take them to fix pitfalls, signals and street lights?

why they haven't fixed till now?

Are they monitoring roads atleast once in a week? if yes why they haven't found the issue? have they blindfolded?

0 votes

I want to ask which authority in RTI online portal i can select to verify current ownership of a land in varanasi as I am doubting that it has been sold by my family members without my consent to someone else .