top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Why should we pay additional amount to Electricity department to install AC at home (small village) in Andhrapradesh?

0 votes

Hi,
I have seen that electricity department people are charging more amount (around 5k) if we install Air Conditioner at home (small village). Is this really a rule from Electricity department in Andhrapradesh? If so how do you call these charges? Will they give us receipt?

I know that the A.C has been consuming power directly from home electric meter. It's not wrong connection or something like that. Why should we pay additional amount (5k or 6k) to the Electric department as lump sum during installation of A.C at home in Andhrapradesh?

Can someone provide me the links/GO's related to this?

Thank you

posted May 26, 2020 by Chenchireddy Sure

2 Answers

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI for copy of GO/Rules/ guidelines with regard to the fees to be charged for installation of AC from the electricity department.

The Southern Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Ltd (APSPDCL) was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 as a Public Limited Company on 01-04-2000 with headquarters at Tirupati to carryout electricity distribution for the districts of Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam, Nellore, Chittoor and Kadapa. On 2 June 2014, due to bifurcation of the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh Anantapur and Kurnool districts were added to the Southern Power Distribution Company of AP Ltd. APSPDCL was formed on April 1, 2000 to serve Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam, Nellore, Chittoor and Kadapa districts with a vision to become an efficient utility supplying reliable and quality power, promoting economic development and being self-reliant commercially. After the bifurcation of the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh into the two new states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on 2 June-2014, two more districts Anantapur and Kurnool were added to the Southern Power Distribution Company of AP Ltd. Hence, it is is a Public Authority u/s 2(h) of RTI Act, 2005. Hence, application can be made u/s 2(f), 2(j) and 6 with the payment of requisite fees as per RTI Act, 2005.

To file RTI application for the same please visit: https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-andhrapradesh or https://onlinerti.com/apply

answer Jul 20, 2020 by Monika
0 votes

Charging Rs. 5K for use of AC or any other applicances can not be logically correct. Seems like officers are earning extra money in this way. Record the entire such incident with audio as evidence that can be used to teach a lesson to such corrupt officials.

answer Feb 17, 2021 by Asha Kanta Sharma
Similar Questions
0 votes

To which Department Should I file RTI to know about the renovation of a heritage structure at Mysore District?

0 votes

I want to get approved plan of a housing society in Kothrud Pune. So kindly suggest to which department shall i file RTI application.

0 votes

Hello all, i was recruited by District selection committee, Government of Andhra pradesh for a specific Post. In the appointment order they gave a condition regarding refund of total salary if i fail to service for a certain period. The condition is as follows:
"You will be liable to refund the government the pay and allowances and any other remuneration received by you in addition to the amount spent by Government on your Training.
i) if you failed to serve the department for a period of 3 years after the completion of training for any reasons
ii)if you discontinued the training or are discharged while under training for misconduct or any other reasons "
Note: Our probabation period is 2 years.

I want to file an RTI to know
1.what does the word TRAINING mean. Is it the "Probation period of 2 years" or "Departmental Training given to us for 2 months while joining"
2.So we need to serve 5 years (2 years Probation + 3 years Regular service) or just 3 Years

Is this kind of RTI Valid ? Please help me.Thank you

+1 vote

Mr H.P.BRAHMADEVIAH Junior Engineer Electrical ( JEE) had submitted voluntary retirement application as on 18/9/2007 to the chief engineer electrical MESCOM and Superintendent Engineer electrical Chamundeshwari Electrical Company CESCOM Mysore. . He had joined the Karnataka Electricity Board in the year 1979 as Junior Engineer Electrical (JEE) and worked in places Chikkajajur, Nuggehalli channarayapatna taluk, shakeleshpura, and Chamarajanajara divison office as posted by the department.
He had not received salary while on duty at Shakeleshpura hassan divison for four months without any reason as to why his salary was stopped and transferred to Chamarajanar there also He didnt received salary . In this regard no intimation was given as to why the salary was held up.
He was drained down physically and mentally by this attitude of the department and he applied for leave and went on leave. He submitted his voluntary retirement application as on 18/9/2007 . Till date he has not received any employee benefits like pension,gratuity and other post retirement benefits from the department. He wants to know the reason for the delay and to know how to approach the department to claim the post retirement benefits from the department.
The address mention in the voluntary retirement application for communication purpose is same till today also. There is no communication done by the department in this regard till today

0 votes

I want a file an ONLINE RTI in the RTO for asking them the reason for the delay in the approval of my Learning Licence.

But in the RTI website of Maharashtra, the RTO is NOT mentioned in the list of departments!!

Under which department should I file the RTI then?