top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Is UP Jal Nigam covered by online RTI?

0 votes

Can i file an RTI asking information about the officers posted in Ghaziabad city of UP Jal Nigam?
If yes, Please let me know to whom the query should be redirected to?

posted Nov 3, 2019 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, RTI can be filed to UP Jal Nigam.
Public Health Engineering Department was created in 1927 to provide drinking water supply and sewerage facilities in Uttar Pradesh. In year 1946 it was rechristened as Local Self Government Engineering Department (LSGED). In 1975, it was converted to Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam through Uttar Pradesh Water Supply and Sewerage ACT, 1975 (ACT no-43, 1975). As per this ACT Jal Nigam has jurisdiction over whole Uttar Pradesh (except Cantonment Area). The basic objective of creating this this corporation is development and regulation of water supply & sewerage services and for matters connected therewith. Hence, you can file the RTI application to Gaziabad Zonal office of UP Jal Nigam as it a Public Authority under section 2 (h) of RTI Act, 2005. The application can be filed under under section 2 (f), 2 (j) and 6 of the Act to the concerned Public Information officer.

For further details please visit or

answer Nov 18, 2019 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

I had requested for a pothole on a road to be filled in May 2019, but still the task is not completed, can I file a RTI?

0 votes

I want to submit RTI to Bangalore Police, but when I tried via online portal, I could not understand which depart I should select.
Please do share me, respective department to be selected in the portal.