top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Online petition to President of India to make amendments in RTI Act 2005.

0 votes

How can an online petition be filed with the president of India to amend RTI Act 2005 for making provisions to book the PIOs under relevant sections of IPC not giving correct information deliberately to screen the culprits.

posted Nov 18, 2021 by Madan Mohan Tiwari

1 Answer

0 votes

The President of India is the Head of the State and exercises powers as defined in the Constitution of India. The President’s Secretariat provides secretarial assistance to the President in discharging constitutional, ceremonial and other State responsibilities.

The President’s Secretariat is headed by the Secretary to the President who is assisted by a team of officers as per details available on The President’s Secretariat website. The President’s Secretariat includes Secretariat, Household and Garden work charged establishments. These wings perform tasks relating to constitutional, administrative, hospitality of State guests, petitions on wide ranging subjects from general public and maintenance of Rashtrapati Bhavan, President’s Estate and Gardens.

RTI can be used to get information from government authorities. We cannot instruct the government to take any action.

We can ask information which will help us find how their actions have been.

answer Jun 7, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

I want to submit RTI to Bangalore Police, but when I tried via online portal https://rtionline.karnataka.gov.in/index.php?lan=E, I could not understand which depart I should select.
Please do share me, respective department to be selected in the portal.

0 votes

Respected Sir,
I will be highly grateful if you please provide me legal advice regarding the following two queries-

i. Can I file same RTI Application on the same date to more than two PIO / SPIO / Authorities etc. of the same department, i.e., ‘Department of School Education’ at different offices?
Please provide corresponding Act / Rule / Law etc.

ii. Can I file same ‘First Appeal’ of the same RTI Application, on the same date to more than two PIO / SPIO / Authorities etc. of the same department, i.e., ‘Department of School Education’ at different offices?
Please provide corresponding Act / Rule / Law etc.

0 votes

The company rejected my incentives on several grounds and I am sure i am eligible for that. But I want to get these statement from them to prove it. When I asked for it under RTI they rejected it as it come under section 8 (1) (d) and (j).