top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

RTI application for Deemed University (NGO Organization) requesting for admission details under government quota

–1 vote

Can I file a RTI application for Deemed University (NGO Organization) requesting for admission details under government quota with merit list for academic year 1996-97.

I need all candidate admission information with rank and category under which they have been admitted. If yes please let me know what is the process

posted Jul 26, 2019 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes

RTI is applicable to deemed University . Please file application
As per Section 2 (h)(d) of the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005, all deemed universities are public authorities. This provision is rarely invoked to declare bodies as public authorities. While giving this important judgement, Shailesh Gandhi, former Central Information Commissioner said “...a deemed university gets this status by virtue of a notification issued by the Central government. Since NMIMS University is also a deemed University by virtue of a notification by the Central Government, it is a public authority and must furnish information as mandated by the RTI Act”.
File application on onlinerti.com

answer Sep 17, 2019 by Prasad Vaidya