top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

can a PIO compel the applicant to visit the office to collect the reply?

0 votes
posted Jun 20, 2019 by anonymous

2 Answers

0 votes

Yes, PIO can ask the applicant to collect the reply from his office.

Applicant can go himself or send his designated representative to collect the reply from the concerned office.

answer Sep 10, 2019 by Isha Sinha
0 votes

No he cannot compel but where the documents are bulk you may take file inspection else information may be declined on the ground of bulk information.

answer Jul 19, 2022 by Prasad Vaidya
Similar Questions
0 votes

I filed my RTI No: 777933 on 14/4, expected reply from gov by 20/5, no reply received yet till 7/7, and I am being asked to pay fees for appeal on your site. Why? Isn't it the duty of govt to reply in time? I also cannot check the RTI status on govt site as the registration number given above seems to be that of your site and not that of RTI dept. Please help resolve

0 votes

In my Locality we have Govt Aided School since 1965 but last year we got know it was bought by a Influential person with Political background ,Now he seems to have plan to close the school built apartment
,can submit RTI through onlineRTI to know more

0 votes

how to know the PIO information of a police station in Bangalore, I need to get few documents from a traffic police station in bangalore.
I am getting an answer that each police station has a PIO , Is that correct or do we need to raise the RTI to commissioner office. Please guide me.