top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

can i send my 1st appeal against my employer to FAA directly or it should go through proper channel ?

0 votes

can i send my 1st appeal against my employer to FAA directly or it should go through proper channel ? i wanted information regarding my transfer request which is left unanswered by the employer

posted May 26, 2019 by Tanmoy Das

1 Answer

0 votes

RTI begins when an applicant files an application along with the prescribed fees under section 6(1) of RTI Act.
PIO/CPIO looks after the application and he has to reply within 30 days of filing the application according to section 7 of the RTI Act, if can’t he shall inform the same to the applicant and reply back to him within 45 days of filing application.
If application is filed with wrong PIO then it is the responsibility of that PIO to send to correct office within 5 days under section 6(3) of the RTI Act and inform the same to the applicant.

If PIO fails to give information within 30 days or refuses to give information, then the applicant can file First appeal within 30 days i.e. 60 days from the date of application under section 19 of the RTI Act.

If applicant is unsatisfied with the answer of PIO after the first appeal then he can file for second appeal within 90 days i.e. 120 days from the date of application

For further assistance to file RTI application to any PIO please refer Online RTI-File RTI Online to Any Govt. Office in 3 Steps(All 29 States) https://onlinerti.com/about-rti

answer Sep 6, 2019 by Isha Sinha