top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I have requested for name correction in my Voter Id. It has been 6 months. Can I appy RTI for information ?

0 votes
posted Mar 9, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI to know about the Status of Name Correction Application on Voter ID Card.

You can file the RTI to District Election Officer of the concerned State Election Commission which in turn is Governed by Election Commission of India (ECI). The ECI is an Autonomous Constitutional Authority responsible for administering Union and State election processes in India. The body administers elections to the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies in India, and the offices of the President and Vice President in the country. The Commission operates under the authority of Constitution as per Article 324 and subsequently enacted Representation of the People Act 1951. Election Commission of India is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act.

You can file RTI to the concerned District Election Officer by paying the prescribed fee. To know more about filing RTI Applications, please refer

answer Mar 22, 2019 by Gloria Deka