top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I want to ask which authority in RTI online portal i can select to verify current ownership of a land in varanasi?

0 votes

I want to ask which authority in RTI online portal i can select to verify current ownership of a land in varanasi as I am doubting that it has been sold by my family members without my consent to someone else .

posted Feb 16, 2023 by Neeti Singh

1 Answer

0 votes

In the decision of Central Information Commission in the case titled Surender Pal Singh vs SDM (Kanjhawala), GNCTD bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2014/000462, it has been laid down that transparency of land records is the mandate as per the RTI Act and it is the duty of land authorities to provide information about land records to citizens.

The land ownership records, are available with the Sub Registrar office or Tehsildar/Block office of the tehsil/block in which the Land is located. You can file RTI to these departments.

You have to provide the Land Khasra number/Khata/Survey number and address of the land to get the required information from the Sub Registrar office or Tehsildar/Block office of the tehsil/block in which the Land is located.

answer May 4, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

Our building located in coonoor municipality, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu was unauthorised and later it was regularised later by complying with seetaon conditions and we received approval. However we have lost the approved plans and other related documents. Can we get them by filing an RTI.

+1 vote

I am from West Bengal, my father has a land with house of 4.75 katha. Now my father is no more. My brother without may consent sifted total land to his name. The Block Land and Land Reform Officer of West Bengal not willing to the records related to transfer of my father land to my elder brother. How can I get all document related to all document related to transfer of land and the supporting document based on with land has been transferred

0 votes

I want to get approved plan of a housing society in Kothrud Pune. So kindly suggest to which department shall i file RTI application.