top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file RTI to Guwahati University to verify my mark sheet ?

0 votes
posted Mar 21, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes. You can file RTI for Marksheet Verification to Gauhati University.

The university was established by an Act of the State Legislature, the Gauhati University Act 1947 (Assam Act, XVI of 1947) by the Government of Assam in 1948. Hence, the University is a "Public Authority" under the provisions of Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act 2005.

A RTI application for verification of marksheet should be addressed to the designated PIO of the University and must be accompanied by copies of the marksheets that you wish to verify by paying the prescribed fee.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI for Marksheet Verification please refer

answer Mar 21, 2019 by Minakshi Goswami