top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I apply RTI to University of Kashmir to verify my mark sheet ?

0 votes
posted Apr 25, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI Application to University of Kashmir for Verification of Marksheet.

University of Jammu and Kashmir was founded in the year 1948. In the year 1969 it was bifurcated into two full-fledged Universities - University of Kashmir at Srinagar and University of Jammu at Jammu. Accordingly, both the Universities of Jammu and Kashmir were established under Kashmir and Jammu Universities Act, 1969. University of Kashmir is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (f) of the RTI Act of Jammu and Kashmir 2009.

You can file RTI for a Certified Copy of your Marksheet / Certificate by addressing the same to the designated "Public Information Officer (PIO)" and by paying the prescribed fee. You should attach Copy of the Marksheet / Certificate you wish to verify along with the RTI Application. Also, as per RTI Act J&K 2009, the postal address of the applicant seeking information under the Act should be of Jammu and Kashmir.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI for Marksheet / Certificate Verification, please refer

answer Apr 26, 2019 by Gloria Deka