top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

How would I get my wife's epfo account and income tax return details

0 votes

There is a case verdict in Bangalore high court on 9th Jan 2023. For this I need to submit my wife's epfo and income tax return details. Please suggest me

posted Jan 4, 2023 by Gandham Uma Mahesh

2 Answers

0 votes

As per section 8(1)(j) of the RTI Act, 2005 the income tax returns, movable and immovable property, details of investment, salary, show causes or punishment issues of an employee, caste details etc are exempted from disclosure, unless a larger public interest is involved.

You have to show that there is some public interest involved in this information.

You can try filing RTI to get the EPF or Income tax returns of your wife. But in order to obtain the information, one has to show the public interest involved in asking the information, Meaning that how the information asked will be beneficial to the public at large.

answer Apr 9, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
0 votes

Your estranged wife's information is your own Information. Yes, you are entitled to avail it

answer Jul 24, 2023 by Rti Advice
Similar Questions
0 votes

Good Morning,

My father is expired 3.6 years back, he owns SB Account and Locker in Karur vysya bank. I don't have the bank details how I know the status of the account or Balance of the account?. My father didn't mention NOMINEE name. please suggest the same.

0 votes

Can accussed get the complete MLC report from the govt hospital when FIR is done and case is trailing in court but MLC report is not attached in FIR.
When i applied RTI first time they responded that report is there but they will not be able to provide me the complete report but i read somewhere on the internet that if FIR is done and case is trailing accussed can get the report, can you pls ellaborate on this process and if its possible and how.
Would be a great help

0 votes

Hi Folks,

I gave multiple complaints to municipality but nothing is working so thought of filing a complaint about drainage and roads issue via RTI so please explain me the process to follow.