top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I want the Encumbrance Certificate of a particular property. What is the RTI process ?

0 votes
posted Mar 11, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

You can file RTI Application to obtain a Copy of the Encumbrance Certificate.

This is to inform you that you Actions cannot be taken under RTI, hence you cannot apply for EC via RTI Application. However, if you have already applied for the same, you can obtain information in regards to Status of Issuance of the EC at the concerned Sub-Registrar Office or Tahsildar Office as the case maybe.

Sub-Registrar Office or Tahsildar Office are under the Revenue Department of respective States and are a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the Act.

To know the further procedure to file RTI, please visit

answer Mar 21, 2019 by Gloria Deka