top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I want to verify my mark sheet and degree certificate from Sikkim Manipal University. What is the process ?

0 votes
posted Mar 11, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

You can fill the RTI application with all the details, attaching copy of mark sheet / certificate and send it to Public Information Officer at the University.
In the decision of the Central Information Commission in the case titled Subhash Chandra Tyagi vs CBSE bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2016/001451, it has been held that every person has a right to know the genuineness of his degree and education and hence all qualifying examinations, degrees and
marksheets are public information under the RTI Act

answer Mar 12, 2019 by Ramireddy Kadira