top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I File RTI for Registered Settlement of Joint Owned Land without the consent and knowledge of other party

0 votes

Sir,

Our grand father and his elder brother jointly owned a land in 1956, both were expired. In this situation, the successors of the joint owner had made a settlement deed and mortgaged the property without our consent and knowledge in 2019. The Settlement deed was duly registered and mortgaged.

Can I File RTI for this against the Registrar, VAO, Surveyor etc., who were engaged in this unlawful activity?

With Regards,

Sangeeth Kumar.P

posted Jan 20, 2020 by Sangeeth Kumar.p

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI application for the details of land settlement.
The matter comes under the jurisdiction of Revenue department of the state which is a Public Authority u/s 2(h) of RTI Act, 2005. You can ask for the copy of application and other documents submitted for the changes made in the land records. You can file the application at the concerned Sub Registrar office under whose jurisdiction the property comes.
In the decision of Central Information Commission in the case titled Surender Pal Singh vs SDM (Kanjhawala), GNCTD bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2014/000462, it has been laid down that transparency of land records is the mandate as per the RTI Act and it is the duty of land authorities to provide information about land records to citizens.

Hence, application can be made u/s 2(f), 2(j) and 6 with the payment of requisite fees as per RTI Act, 2005 to Public Information Officer mentioning the complete details of land like survey number, complete address.

For further details please visit: https://onlinerti.com/apply

answer Jul 22, 2020 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

I have filed TA/DA claim to CDA (O) Pune in which the Road Mileage Allowance (RMA) applicable @ Rs 24/- per km authorised by GOI (MoD) letter No 12630/Mov C/242/D (Mov)/2017 dated 15 Sep 2017, Annexure, page 4, para 2 (D) (ii) while using own car for official duties have been approved @ Rs 7.50/- per km only by CDA (O) Pune auditors. As per GOI letter, this rate is for all places where no specific rates have been prescribed either by the Dte of Transport of the Concerned state (MP, in my case) or of neighbouring states. MP State Transport Deptt has not laid down any rates till date. On being queried by me, the CDA says that separate notification of revised rates by Army Auth (Station Headquarters of each military stations) is required and as the same is not available .....old prevailing rates have been admitted. Please note that the GOI letter of Sep 2017 supercedes all previous RMA rates being an agenda of Central Pay Commission which has been constituted for Revision of Pay and Allowances of Central Govt employees. So can CDA (O) Pune under CGDA New Delhi 'not follow' GOI instructions and ask for separate notifications by local army authorities (Station Headquarters) which are subordinate formations? With the dissemination of GOI letter of Sep 2017, aren't the 'prevailing rates' mentioned by CDA (O) Pune superceded too ?? Can I ask for a copy of the letter citing RMA as Rs 7.50/- per km (mentioned as prevailing rates and admitted in claim) from CDA (O) Pune ??
Sincere Thanks and Regards