top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Old Property Tax receipt through RTI

0 votes

My name is Rajan from Kerela, i had purchased a agriculture land before 30-40 years and moved to work in different state.
my brother was paying the tax for many years in my absence and then he stopped paying due to some conflicts.

At present, i had come visited the Governement Registrar Office and wanted to pay my property TAX but they are not accepting it.
they are delaying and telling some silly reasons it even though i showed them my document copy.
i want to pay the land tax which is due for many years now so that i can take EC and possession certificate and get hold of my property.i had already obtained Resurvery number few years ago.
also when i try to pay property tax online, it is asking for "Last Tax Paid Receipt Number" and "previous Tax Paid amount" which i do not know since its due for many years.

Kindly suggest if RTI can help me get
1) how much tax dues my land property have so that i can pay tax and proceed furthur.
2) previous tax receipt number and Tax Amount (i dont know which year).

Thank You,
Rajan

posted Jan 9, 2020 by Rajan
We have old tax notice of land & signed by TDO,I file RTI to get information from TDO,PIO forward to talati of village to get information,can I get reply?

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI application for details of tax dues and previous tax receipt number. The matter comes under the jurisdiction of the Revenue department of the state, which is a Public Authority u/s 2 (h).
The concerned sub registrar must keep a record of the same as per Section 4 (1) RTI Act, 2005,

Every public authority shall—
(a) maintain all its records duly catalogued and indexed in a manner and the form which facilitates the right to information under this Act and ensure that all records that are appropriate to be computerised are, within a reasonable time and subject to availability of resources, computerised and connected through a network all over the country on different systems so that access to such records is facilitated;

In the decision of Central Information Commission in the case titled Surender Pal Singh vs SDM (Kanjhawala), GNCTD bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2014/000462, it has been laid down that transparency of land records is the mandate as per the RTI Act and it is the duty of land authorities to provide information about land records to citizens.
Hence, application can be made u/s 2(f), 2(j) and 6 with the payment of requisite fees as per RTI Act, 2005.

For further details please visit https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-kerala or https://onlinerti.com/apply

answer Jul 22, 2020 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

Can I get old land sale deed copy and other land document
s tax status paid,

0 votes

As I replied by sub registrar that document no and year of sale deed required to search copy of sale deed.I request that I have only survey no.of village,dist,7/12,8a and entry date etc as per talati.They not able to reply of my RTI APPLICATION,now how can I get by first appeal already done.If I go for second appeal,it will take more time,is there any clause of finding old document,because unique I'd given to land from 1965,where my land case is 1963.