top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Future NRC throughout India: how to get electoral rolls of 1971 elections

0 votes

Dear Sir/Madam,

Following the NRC exercise in Assam, the govt of India has said that a nationwide exercise will be carried out in the whole of India. so in Assam, a portal had been provided where people could search their ancestors names and other legacy documents in the digitised form. however, even today in the digital India, there happens to be lot of discrepancies in the voter lists names, aadhar cards, ration cards etc, so we can think of how the historical data of pre 1971 would come out. so my question here is
Do we have a way to get the historical electoral rolls of my constituency for the elections held before 1971 ? I basically want to check the names of our ancestors and our linkages and get them corrected if their are discrepancies.

posted Dec 17, 2019 by Mohd Naeem

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI application for details of electoral rolls of any constituency in India.
The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India at national, state and district level. And hence, it is a Public Authority U/s 2 (h) of the RTI Act, 2005. You can file the RTI application to the concerned District Election Officer or State Chief Electoral Officer. Hence, application can be made u/s 2(f), 2(j) and 6 with the payment of requisite fees as per RTI Act, 2005.

To file application for the same please visit https://onlinerti.com/apply or you email us at support@onlinerti.com

answer Jul 22, 2020 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

The company rejected my incentives on several grounds and I am sure i am eligible for that. But I want to get these statement from them to prove it. When I asked for it under RTI they rejected it as it come under section 8 (1) (d) and (j).

+1 vote

I am from West Bengal, my father has a land with house of 4.75 katha. Now my father is no more. My brother without may consent sifted total land to his name. The Block Land and Land Reform Officer of West Bengal not willing to the records related to transfer of my father land to my elder brother. How can I get all document related to all document related to transfer of land and the supporting document based on with land has been transferred