top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Land mutation - genertion of ROR taking long

0 votes

Hi,
We recently bought a land.
The land mutation process has initiated and we have a mutation case no.
However, we see no progress since then. Status shows it is still pending at the tehsildars office for the verification.
It has taken way longer than the stipulated time of 10 days for generation of ROR (patta).
Can we file a RTI in this case?

Regards

posted May 18, 2019 by Priyabrata Pradhan

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can File RTI application to know the status. Tahsildar is a public authority under section 2 (h) of the RTI Act 2005 as it is under the Revenue Department of the state governments and hence liable to provide information under RTI. You can file the application to the concerned Tahsildar office under section 2 (f) and 6(1) of the RTI Act 2005 after payment of requisite fees.

To file RTI application for the same, please refer https://onlinerti.com/

answer May 22, 2019 by Monika
Similar Questions
+1 vote

I HAVE APPLIED FOR LAND RECORDS TO THAHASHILDAR THROUGH RTI ON 07TH FEBRUARY 2020 BUT STILL IAM NOT RECEIVED ANY DOCUMENTS OR ANY REPLY FROM RTI

REGARDS

SRIRAM

0 votes

My grandmother distributed her property between my mother and aunt( wife of my father's brother) in a registered will. How will my mother mutate her name in land revunue office? My aunt mutaded her part in land revunue record without probate in West Bengal. What is the process?

0 votes

I and my wife are senior citizens, both pensioners. My wife was allotted a plot by the Jalandhar Improvement Trust ( A department of the Local Bodies of the Punjab government) in the year 2011 under a scheme called 94.97 acres Surya Enclave Extension Scheme. Full payment to nthe Trust people made. But they have not handed over the possession of the allotted plot. We intend to file a suit in the State Consumer redressal forum. Our lawyer wants us to file an application under RTI. Hence this inquiry.