top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file an RTI to get information on my passport application which has been under review for the past 1 month ?

0 votes
posted Feb 25, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

2 Answers

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI Application to know about the Status of your Passport Application.

Matters related to passports come under Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) Division of Ministry of External Affairs. Passport Authority (Regional Passport Offices) are a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act.

You can file RTI to the concerned Regional Passport Office either Online or by Registered Post and making a payment of the prescribed fee asking them for recorded reasons to delay in issuance of your Passport.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI Applications Online for Central Government Departments, please refer https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-center

answer Mar 29, 2019 by Gloria Deka
0 votes

You can file RTI for passport under review Please file application on onlinerti.com and select passport option.

answer Sep 17, 2019 by Prasad Vaidya
Similar Questions
0 votes

The company rejected my incentives on several grounds and I am sure i am eligible for that. But I want to get these statement from them to prove it. When I asked for it under RTI they rejected it as it come under section 8 (1) (d) and (j).

0 votes

Our building located in coonoor municipality, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu was unauthorised and later it was regularised later by complying with seetaon conditions and we received approval. However we have lost the approved plans and other related documents. Can we get them by filing an RTI.