top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I want to know about the funds allocated in Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana. Can I apply RTI ?

0 votes
posted Mar 23, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can apply RTI Application to get details of the Funds allocated under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).

The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), was launched by the Govt. of India on 25th December, 2000. PMGSY is a 100% Centrally Sponsored Scheme and the funds for the same is disbursed to Gram Panchayats through their respective District Collectors. PMGSY is under the authority of the Ministry of Rural Development and is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act.

You can file RTI to seek details of Funds allocated, utilised, work done, etc., by addressing it to the designated "Public Information Officer (PIO)" of the Gram Pancnhayat or District Collector Office as the case maybe by paying the prescribed fee.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI Application, please visit

answer Mar 28, 2019 by Gloria Deka