top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I have lodged an FIR, still no progress. How can RTI help in case ?

0 votes
posted Feb 22, 2019 by Hepsiba C

1 Answer

0 votes

You can file RTI Application to seek details regarding the Status of the FIR, actions taken, name of the investigating office, copy of charge sheet, etc can be asked regarding the FIR. The application can be filed to the Inspector of the Police Station or to the Station House Officer of the concerned Police Station. The request can be made under Section 2 (f) and 6 (1) for all the recorded information available with the police station.

To know about the procedure to file RTI Applications, please visit

answer Feb 26, 2019 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

I did Last Complete on April 4, 2021, which is again No 0122, which has not yet taken any action.

0 votes

I had applied for rti on 22 June,2019. They send back a confirmation letter that they get amount of rti. but still they don't send answersheet copy. Please, suggest me what to do next?

0 votes

Can accussed get the complete MLC report from the govt hospital when FIR is done and case is trailing in court but MLC report is not attached in FIR.
When i applied RTI first time they responded that report is there but they will not be able to provide me the complete report but i read somewhere on the internet that if FIR is done and case is trailing accussed can get the report, can you pls ellaborate on this process and if its possible and how.
Would be a great help