top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Regarding unusual information given

–1 vote

I asked for certain questions under RTI to the Tahsildar but the copy supplied to me is not relevant to my questions,

posted Jun 25, 2022 by Nilanchal Dash

1 Answer

0 votes

First Appeal is the statutory remedy available to the RTI Applicant, when there is no response from the Public Information Officer within stipulated time limit or the decision of PIO is not satisfactory or the PIO offered / supplied incorrect / misleading information or demanded exorbitant further fee etc. The First Appeal is required to be filed under Section-19(1) of RTI Act.

Section 19(6) of the RTI Act provides that the first Appellate Authority should dispose off the appeal within thirty days of the receipt of the appeal.

You can file First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority for an unsatisfactory response from the PIO within 30 days of the reply received.

answer Jun 6, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

I asked for certain questions under RTI to the Tahsildar but the copy supplied to me is not relevant to my questions i.e he has not given answer to my questions and send some other papers.

0 votes

As per SIC FINAL order information will be provided even absence of permanent record by affidevit but I am not getting since one month.As SIC closed the status,how can we get & what is process after SIC order?

0 votes

Can we get the information about the specific feature of passed roads like their width and length, their construction company etc by filing an RTI?

0 votes

My online rti applicatiin number is 741240 has reached state information commission but have no idea if application is considered for action.This is unlike CIC which gives a diary number once application is received and can be used to track..