top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I apply RTI to verify my 10th and 12th class mark sheet from U.P board ?

0 votes
posted Mar 15, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

The Board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh is the Uttar Pradesh state government administered autonomous examining authority for the Standard 10 examination and Standard 12 examination of Uttar Pradesh, headquartered in Allahabad. The Board was set up in the year 1921 at Allahabad by an act of United Provinces Legislative Council. Hence it is a public authority under section 2 (h) of the RTI Act 2005 and the information can be requested under 2 (f), 2(h) and 6 of the RTI Act 2005.

In the decision of the Central Information Commission in the case titled Subhash Chandra Tyagi vs CBSE bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2016/001451, it has been held that every person has a right to know the genuineness of his degree and education and hence all qualifying examinations, degrees and
marksheets are public information under the RTI Act.

For further assistance please visit or

answer Mar 21, 2019 by Monika