top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

I want to verify my degree certificate. Will there be any action if they found certificates were fake by any chance ?

0 votes
posted Feb 6 by Arjun Kumar

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI application for verification of your degree certificate. You can file the RTI application to concerned education board/ university which issued the Certificate under section 2(f), 2(j) and 6(1) of RTI Act, 2005, with payment of requisite fees.
In the decision of the Central Information Commission in the case titled Subhash Chandra Tyagi vs CBSE bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2016/001451, it has been held that every person has a right to know the genuineness of his degree and education and hence all qualifying examinations, degrees and marksheets are public information under the RTI Act.

Please visit to file RTI application for verification of Certificate.
Please refer for further assistance.

answer Feb 14 by Monika