top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

How to get corrected the name in RTC

0 votes

I have purchased land from Harish Poojari in Nadsalu Village, Padubidri, Kaup Taluk, Udupi Dist in the year of 2009 and got it registered in my name at sub-register office, Mulky and the registration no is I-384/09-10 dtd 04.06.2009. The property survey no. 131 - 5A2.
After registration i had applied for the change in name of the property from Harish Poojari to my name through Padubidri Grama Panchayath, but the name is not yet changed to my name till date and in RTC of the referred survery no..
I want to get the name changed in RTC for the referred property with survey no 131 -5A2 in my name. Kindly know the procedure to follow.

posted Dec 23, 2019 by Vishnumoorthi

1 Answer

–1 vote

Yes, you can apply for RTI application for the status of application and action taken by concerned authority to whom the application for change of the property in RTC.
The Sub registrar office comes under Revenue Department of the States, which is a Public Authority u/s 2 (h) of RTI Act, 2005.
The Revenue Department is responsible for maintenance of record of rights, recovery of land revenue and all other kinds of Government dues.
In the decision of Central Information Commission in the case titled Surender Pal Singh vs SDM (Kanjhawala), GNCTD bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2014/000462, it has been laid down that transparency of land records is the mandate as per the RTI Act and it is the duty of land authorities to provide information about land records to citizens.
Hence, application can be made u/s 2(f), 2(j) and 6 with the payment of requisite fees as per RTI Act, 2005.

To file application for the same please refer: https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-karnataka

answer Jul 22, 2020 by Monika