top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

BBMP Bangalore online property tax payment issue.

0 votes

I tried to pay property tax using BBMP portal. Payment was successful and got debited from my account, but bbmp payment status shows failed on the website and certificate is not available for download. It has not been reconciled even after 5 weeks. Calls to BBMP portal call center does not help as they only suggest to contact BBMP office. Can I file an RTI to resolve this?

posted Jun 3, 2019 by Kishore Murthy

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file an RTI BBMP asking about the current status of your property tax.

Municipal Board were formed under the Improvement of Towns Act of 1850. Later, a similar Municipal Board was also formed in the Cantonment area of the city. The two boards were legalized in 1881, and functioned as two independent bodies called the Bangalore City Municipality and the Bangalore Civil and Military Station Municipality.
In January 2007, the Karnataka Government issued a notification to merge the areas under existing Bangalore Mahanagara Palike with seven City municipal council (CMC)'s, one Town municipal council (TMC) and 111 villages around the city to form a single administrative body, Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike.
Hence it is a public authority under section 2(h) of the RTI Act 2005.
For further assistance to file RTI application to any PIO please refer https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-karnataka

answer Aug 28, 2019 by Isha Sinha
Similar Questions
0 votes

In my Locality we have Govt Aided School since 1965 but last year we got know it was bought by a Influential person with Political background ,Now he seems to have plan to close the school built apartment
,can submit RTI through onlineRTI to know more

0 votes

When apply RTI through online, by mistake PIO address given as the applicant address but the attachment have the correct PIO address. Is any issue?

0 votes

I want to submit RTI to Bangalore Police, but when I tried via online portal https://rtionline.karnataka.gov.in/index.php?lan=E, I could not understand which depart I should select.
Please do share me, respective department to be selected in the portal.