top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I apply RTI to Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) to get a copy of my answer sheet ?

0 votes
posted Apr 25, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI for Copy of your Answer Sheet from Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC).

JKPSC is a constitutional body formed on 02/09/1957 by the Government of India under Articles 128 and 133 which conducts the Civil Services Examination for appointment to various civil services in the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The Commission is headed by its chairman who is responsible for recruitment process, JKPSC policy formulation and its implementation. JKPSC is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (f) of the RTI Act of Jammu and Kashmir 2009 and falls under its ambit.

You can ask for Certified Copies your Answer / OMR Sheets by addressing the application to the designated "Public Information Officer (PIO)" and by paying the prescribed fee. You should attach a Copy of your Admit Card and mention your Roll No., Registration No., Name of the Exam clearly in the Application. Also, as per RTI Act J&K 2009, the postal address of the applicant seeking information under the Act should be of Jammu and Kashmir.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI for Copies of Answer / OMR Sheet, please refer

answer Apr 26, 2019 by Gloria Deka