top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file RTI for copy of my exam paper from Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education?

0 votes
posted Apr 25, 2019 by Hepsiba C

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI to Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education. It is also known as the Directorate of Government Examinations. It was established in 1953. Board Of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh is an independent department functioning under ministry of secondary education, Government of Andhra Pradesh. The board regulates and supervises the system of Secondary education in Andhra Pradesh State. It executes and governs various activities that include devising of courses of study, prescribing syllabus, conducting examinations, granting recognition's to schools and, providing direction, support and leadership for all secondary educational institutions under its jurisdiction.
Hence, it is a Public Authority under section 2(h) and is liable to provide information under section 2 (f) and 6(1) of the RTI Act, 2005. The application needs to be made to the designated PIO with the details of exam, roll number and copy of admit card.
The Hon'ble Supreme Court by judgment in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Vs Aditya Bandopadhyay (2011) 11 SCR 1028, declared that all the exams, conducting bodies are bound to disclose answer sheets to the students or candidate.
For further assistance to file RTI application for the copy of exam paper please refer

answer May 8, 2019 by Monika