top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I apply RTI for a copy of my service record ?

0 votes
posted Mar 15, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes. You can apply RTI for a copy of your service record if you are working under any Department that is considered as a public authority under Section 2(h) of the RTI Act 2005.

Service records fall under the provisions of Section 2(j) of the RTI Act, 2005 and hence you can ask for the same.

For further assistance on filing RTI, you can visit

answer Mar 21, 2019 by Minakshi Goswami