top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Hearing present in first appeal compulsory?

0 votes

If we not present after invited by prant officer in RTI FAA,is it compulsory?if any reason not present,what is process of RTI appeal for resolution before 2nd appeal?

posted Jan 11, 2021 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, FAA can summon the applicant for Personal during First Appeal for non providing the information by PIO / CPIO within time frame. But it is not mandatory to be present for the First Appeal hearing and if in case the appellant will not be able to attend the hearing he/ she can through his duly authorized representative.

answer Jan 18, 2021 by Monika
Similar Questions
0 votes

Filed RTI - 06/08/2020
Reply from PIO - No Answer

Filed FAA - 29/09/2020
Reply From FAA - No Answer

Filed Second appeal with SIC - 29/12/2020
Case created - 16/08/2023
Called for enquiry: 30/08/2023

On 30/08/2023:
I was present at SIC Tamilnadu for hearing. PIO was also present.

Judge: You have submitted application late (I have received the application late from you) , I can dismiss this appeal if I want to or you take the information from PIO now. The choice is yours.

The hearing hardly lasted for 2 minutes.I left the place by collecting two pages documents from PIO without any other way.

My question/Query:
1) How can Judge come into an conclusion without going through the all documents or listening to applicant?
2) I am completely not satisfied with the reply I got from PIO on that particular day for my RTI, what can I do now?
3) day before the hearing , local municipal officials were behind me, pleading me to do them a favour at Hearing . But things happened exactly Opposite on hearing day. Judge was loud at me instead of penalising PIO or concerned officials for not providing information for 2 years (not even a reply). I feel that the whole thing was rigged on hearing day.

Could somebody guide me with this ? Please connect me at Jain7dhoni@gmail.com or down here at comment box.
Thanks In advance

0 votes

I filed an RTI but there was no response from PIO. Then I filed my first appeal, the Appellant officer issued an order to provide the information sought by me. But no information was provided. Then I filed a second appeal. In the second appeal order again it was directed to provide me the information sought by me or give an affidavit that the information was not available with the PIO. Then I was given improper and misleading information not relevant to my RTI application. What next can I do?

0 votes

We appealed the 1st appeal under the RTI Act 2005 on10-11-2020.. We couldn't get the reply till now.. How long we are supposed to wait for the final&2nd appeal under the RTI Act 2005.. Pl kindly help us regarding this..

0 votes

I filed a second appeal after 34 days of filing first appeal after receiving no response. But my second appeal was returned for having filed "prematurely" and I am asked to file again after 45 days are over despite having mentioned it was urgent. I thought you could file second appeal as soon as 30 days have passed after filing first appeal. Is there any such rule?

0 votes

Hi Team ,
I have created two RTI's

I have Created an RTI for First Appeal ,Application Number : 1190114

The First Appeal has been filed and sent but the address is mentioned as Basheer Bagh Commisionerate but the police station which should reply is in
LB nagar i think the address is wrong please take a look and make necessary corrections ASAP as the time goes the CCTV footage in PS would be Overwritten and evidence would be deleted.

for the second i have made a payment but First Appeal has not been files yet i have done Payement on 8th may
Application No: 1198822 ,please let me know when the filing would be done or how i can i process the refund

Thank,
Arjun