top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

How can I file an RTI to verify my markhseet ?

0 votes
posted Feb 22, 2019 by Sangeeta Gope

1 Answer

0 votes

As most of the Universities in India are UGC approved and established under State laws, they are Public Authorities under Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act 2005. Verification of Marksheet from a University or any Educational Institute can be requested under Section 2 (j). The RTI application can be addressed to the Registrar or the concerned PIO of the Institute/ University for the "Certified Copy" of the marksheet already issued u/s 2 (j) of the RTI Act 2005. The copy of the marksheet should be attached along with the application.

answer Feb 26, 2019 by Monika