top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Land Mutation

0 votes

My grandmother distributed her property between my mother and aunt( wife of my father's brother) in a registered will. How will my mother mutate her name in land revunue office? My aunt mutaded her part in land revunue record without probate in West Bengal. What is the process?

posted Nov 1, 2021 by Manika Goswami

1 Answer

0 votes

In the decision of Central Information Commission in the case titled Surender Pal Singh vs SDM (Kanjhawala), GNCTD bearing no. CIC/SA/A/2014/000462, it has been laid down that transparency of land records is the mandate as per the RTI Act and it is the duty of land authorities to provide information about land records to citizens.

You can file an RTI to obtain information to obtain the documents and procedures followed for the distribution of your grandmother's property in the name of mother and aunt( wife of my father's brother).

Also, you can file RTI in the Sub Registrar Office to obtain information regarding the rules and procedures to mutate the property in your mother's name.

answer Sep 1, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

I want to ask which authority in RTI online portal i can select to verify current ownership of a land in varanasi as I am doubting that it has been sold by my family members without my consent to someone else .

+1 vote

I am from West Bengal, my father has a land with house of 4.75 katha. Now my father is no more. My brother without may consent sifted total land to his name. The Block Land and Land Reform Officer of West Bengal not willing to the records related to transfer of my father land to my elder brother. How can I get all document related to all document related to transfer of land and the supporting document based on with land has been transferred

0 votes

Hi,
We recently bought a land.
The land mutation process has initiated and we have a mutation case no.
However, we see no progress since then. Status shows it is still pending at the tehsildars office for the verification.
It has taken way longer than the stipulated time of 10 days for generation of ROR (patta).
Can we file a RTI in this case?

Regards

0 votes

Hi

My RTI status is showing as enveloped but did not get any tracking ID. How long does it take for it to be dispatched?

Regards & Happy New Year 2024