top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Salary slip of husband.

0 votes

Wife of govt employee ask for salary slip of his Husband?can we give?

posted Jul 22, 2023 by Shailesh Patel

1 Answer

0 votes

Salary slip or payslip is a document issued monthly by an employer to its employees. A salary slip contains a detailed breakdown of employee salary and deductions for a given period. This document can be either a printed hard copy or mailed to the employees.

Salary slips are not disclosable under the RTI Act. The reasoning being that salary slips contain deductions made from the salary, remittances made to bank towards any loan amount, to the income tax department, deductions made to provident fund etc all of which are personal information.

In a major development, the Central Information Commission allowed a woman to access her ex-husband’s income details so that she could file for maintenance.

answer Sep 1, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

Hi,

I hope you are doing good :)

I am working in the india glycols limited ,(Gida gorakhpur U.P ) And our company is not providing salary slip as we are working as a casual basis (under contract) , Can your please suggest me how can i get my salary slip.

I have also asked for salary slip to our management but they denied ( Please suggest ?)

Thanks & regards

0 votes

As a state government employee of Andhra Pradesh, I wish to switch my salary account to a different bank. However, the senior assistant requires me to get a no due certificate from my current bank. Is it mandatory ?

0 votes

I filed a second appeal after 34 days of filing first appeal after receiving no response. But my second appeal was returned for having filed "prematurely" and I am asked to file again after 45 days are over despite having mentioned it was urgent. I thought you could file second appeal as soon as 30 days have passed after filing first appeal. Is there any such rule?