top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I file RTI to Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority?

0 votes
posted Apr 25, 2019 by Hepsiba C

1 Answer

0 votes

Yes, you can file RTI to Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA)

KMDA is the Statutory Planning and Development Authority for Kolkata Metropolitan Area (KMA) in the State of West Bengal. KMDA derives its powers and functions from the provisions of WBT&CP Act, 1979. KMDA is under the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Urban Development of West Bengal State Government. It is a "Public Authority" as per Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act 2005 and comes under its ambit.

You can address the application to the designated "Public Information Officer (PIO)" by registered post and by paying the prescribed fee. You can write you application either in English or Bengali language.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI Applications, please refer

answer Apr 26, 2019 by Gloria Deka