top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

house tax means (streetlights, garbage, library etc)

0 votes

i am kumar living in chittoor, andhra pradesh. i am paying house tax every year house tax means for what we are paying (for living, street lights, garbage, library etc) but in my area for garbage asking amount separately. so i want rti act about these. please send me mail kbiway@gmail.com

posted Nov 23, 2022 by Kb Kumar

1 Answer

0 votes

Property tax is a tax paid on property owned by an individual or other legal entity, such as a corporation. Most commonly, property tax is a real estate ad-valorem tax, which can be considered a regressive tax. It is calculated by a local government where the property is located and paid by the owner of the property. The tax is usually based on the value of the owned property, including land. However, many jurisdictions also tax tangible personal property, such as cars and boats.

The local governing body will use the assessed taxes to fund water and sewer improvements, and provide law enforcement, fire protection, education, road and highway construction, libraries, and other services that benefit the community.

You can file RTI to obtain information to the Municipal corporation or the local self government to obtain information regarding the Garbage tax separately collected by them.

Queries like If, Can, Whether, Why, How etc., cannot be asked in RTI application as it does not come under Section 2 (f) of the RTI, Act 2005 which defines Information. We can only ask for those information which is in some form of existing records like rules, guidelines, policies, etc.

answer Apr 9, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

I want to build a new house in town panchayat location with 600 Sqft buildup area. How much amount I have to pay for government?

0 votes

After constructing house staying and paying taxes for years. Can anyone complaint to any department asking for demolition of house by giving complaint for not following BBMP bye-laws or BBMP approval plan to any department or authority or by any provision in RTI or through court?

Is there any ACT or provision available where enemies or foes can use it to demolition constructed by using any BBMP or court or any means?

Please clarify and explain in detail (if possible)

0 votes

There is a case verdict in Bangalore high court on 9th Jan 2023. For this I need to submit my wife's epfo and income tax return details. Please suggest me

0 votes

My name is Rajan from Kerela, i had purchased a agriculture land before 30-40 years and moved to work in different state.
my brother was paying the tax for many years in my absence and then he stopped paying due to some conflicts.

At present, i had come visited the Governement Registrar Office and wanted to pay my property TAX but they are not accepting it.
they are delaying and telling some silly reasons it even though i showed them my document copy.
i want to pay the land tax which is due for many years now so that i can take EC and possession certificate and get hold of my property.i had already obtained Resurvery number few years ago.
also when i try to pay property tax online, it is asking for "Last Tax Paid Receipt Number" and "previous Tax Paid amount" which i do not know since its due for many years.

Kindly suggest if RTI can help me get
1) how much tax dues my land property have so that i can pay tax and proceed furthur.
2) previous tax receipt number and Tax Amount (i dont know which year).

Thank You,
Rajan