top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

Can I apply RTI to fix roads with pot holes?

0 votes
posted Feb 26, 2019 by Hepsiba C

1 Answer

0 votes

You can apply RTI Applications to know details of Road Works done, funds allocated / utilised and other details in regards to Road in question. However, you cannot apply RTI specifically to Fix the Pot Holes on the Road, as Actions cannot be taken under the Act. Instead, you can seek information such as Recorded Reasons as for not Fixing the Pot Holes or Amount / Funds sanctioned for renovation / construction of the road.

You can file the RTI to the concerned Authority maintaining the Road such as Municipal Corporation, Public Works Department, NHAI, or any Other "Public Authority" under Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act.

To know more about the procedure to file RTI applications, please refer

answer Mar 28, 2019 by Gloria Deka