top button
    Largest RTI Q/A Community in India

RTI ACT 2005

0 votes

Respected Sir,
I will be highly grateful if you please provide me legal advice regarding the following two queries-

i. Can I file same RTI Application on the same date to more than two PIO / SPIO / Authorities etc. of the same department, i.e., ‘Department of School Education’ at different offices?
Please provide corresponding Act / Rule / Law etc.

ii. Can I file same ‘First Appeal’ of the same RTI Application, on the same date to more than two PIO / SPIO / Authorities etc. of the same department, i.e., ‘Department of School Education’ at different offices?
Please provide corresponding Act / Rule / Law etc.

posted Aug 21, 2023 by Rwitwik Dey

1 Answer

0 votes

The Right to Information (RTI) is an act of the Parliament of India which sets out the rules and procedures regarding citizens' right to information. It replaced the former Freedom of Information Act, 2002. Under the provisions of RTI Act, any citizen of India may request information from a "public authority" (a body of Government or "instrumentality of State") which is required to reply expeditiously or within thirty days.

Yes, you can file RTI to different offices of the same department.

First Appeal is the statutory remedy available to the RTI Applicant, when there is no response from the Public Information Officer within stipulated time limit or the decision of PIO is not satisfactory or the PIO offered / supplied incorrect / misleading information or demanded exorbitant further fee etc.

In case you have filed two RTI to two different offices/departments and have not received a response or have received an unsatisfactory response, you can file First Appeal.

answer Sep 1, 2023 by Shambhavi Rti
Similar Questions
0 votes

How can an online petition be filed with the president of India to amend RTI Act 2005 for making provisions to book the PIOs under relevant sections of IPC not giving correct information deliberately to screen the culprits.

0 votes

Hi

My RTI status is showing as enveloped but did not get any tracking ID. How long does it take for it to be dispatched?

Regards & Happy New Year 2024