Vehicle number 2: Vehicle Model (City/Civic) 3: Owners name and address 4: NOC details. Can i get these informations under RTI?

• My Dad, Cyril Pinto who is a senior citizen aged 71 years was a victim of a hit and run case in Mumbai. He went over the speeding car and fell 10 feet away. The driver of the car fled the scene. Several eye witness have confirmed the car was a white Honda City or Honda Civic starting with CH number plate and whose number ended with 7805 or 7803 I would request vehicle details of all "White" color Honda City & Civic vehicles ending with 7805 and 7803 registered at Chandigarh (CH-03) RTO. I require 1: Vehicle number 2: Vehicle Model (City/Civic) 3: Owners name and address 4: NOC details. Can i get these informations under RTI?

• RTI Experts

Depends.

The RTO is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

In this case as stated, you are not sure about the registration number of the erring vehicle involved in the act of causing injury. However, you would have to provide as many details as possible and give a detailed description of the chain of events and the requirement for obtaining such information as there might be a possibility that the authority could provide an evasive reply.

In this scenario, you can make an application on the grounds that the information required is vital and concerns the life and liberty of the victim falling under Section 7(1) of the RTI Act. Such information has to be disclosed within 48 hours. Various CIC orders have held that in such cases have to be treated on an extraordinarily urgent basis.