Query for deduction of Rs.12000.00

  • I am Arabinda Das, an account holder of UBI, Budge-Budge branch. The said amount has deducted from my account dated 11.03.16. I have queried from bank. They told me next amount will be deduct from your account for rs. 3000.00 again and advice me to file an RTI. So you are requested to that please clarify me immediately.

  • RTI Experts


    If the bank (UBI) that you have referred to is Union Bank of India, then the RTI Act is applicable to it as the same is a public authority.

    Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records relating to the deductions made from your account. You could obtain the reasons why the said deductions have been made along with the basis of the same. You could also obtain details of the officers involved in the said transaction/deduction along with the copies of communications/correspondence exchanged between departments/officials and the overall policy of the bank in case of wrongful deductions and related details.

Log in to reply