Regarding RTI on opening Bank Branches in Residential areas.

• I would like to know the process/guidelines required to open the bank branches/Gyms in the residential areas. As i lived in Punjabi Bagh which is a pure residential area but from past few days it has been misused for commercial activities like opening the bank branches in residential properties which is creating the problems to the living peoples in the area. Requesting you to please let me know the process/guidelines where and how these commercial bank branches are opened and making the commercial use of this residential properties.

• RTI Experts

Depends.

The rules/policy regarding commercial activities in residential areas is framed by the concerned municipal authority of a particular area. The municipal authority is a public authority and the RTI Act is applicable to it.

Under section 2 (f) of the RTI Act, you could obtain certified copies of the relevant documents and records regarding the policy of the authority with respect to the commercial activities in residential areas. You could obtain copies of orders/notifications issued by the authority in this regard along with copies of communications/correspondence exchanged between departments/officials, copies of any report prepared or survey conducted along with policy related documents and other related details.