M. Phil degree through distance mode.

• The Government of Tamil Nadu has banned offering of M.Phil., degree through distance mode from the academic year 2006-2007 and published an government order in this regard. But I have completed my M.Phil., degree in the subject "Education" in June 2009 from the Directorate of Distance Education, Vinayaka Missions University, Salem, Tamil Nadu state. I want to know whether the M.Phil., degree obtained through distance mode from Vinayaka Missions University is valid for further higher education and getting employment in the goverment colleges and universities in India especially in Tamil Nadu state.I am also wanted to know whether the M.Phil., degree holders (obtained through distance mode) from Vinayaka Missions University is eligible to get two advance increments in the colleges and universities in India especially in Tamil Nadu state as per the University Grants Commission norms. Can this information be obtained under RTI?

• You can read all about RTI in tamilnadu on https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-tamilnadu