• Can we file an RTI to get the copy of chargesheet filed by the police. The chargesheet is filed in accident case in which my wife expired?

  • RTI Experts


    Obtaining the copy of a chargesheet and related details forms part of an independent and separate procedure which is governed by the criminal procedure code and other police procedures. There would be remedies available within that framework.

    Incase you wish to avail the benefit of the RTI Act, you can file an application with the police authorities for obtaining copies of relevant documents and records under section 2(f) of the RTI Act.

Log in to reply